Electrical Safety Audit
Swejan is carrying out Electrical Safety Audits for all types of Buildings and Industries including Hotels, Hospital, Residential, School, Manufacturing Industries, Chemical Plants, Power Plants, FMCG, Moulding, Mines and many more.
Over 20% of fires which take place world wide and 40% of fires which occur are due to faulty electrical circuits. Electrical hazards continue to threaten the safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks should be managed effectively.
In process industries, fires arising from electrical faults are highly probable, especially in industries that handle flammable chemicals. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
Swejan carries out Electrical Safety Audit according to systematic procedures in order to evaluate potential electrical hazards, and recommends measures to minimize/prevent these hazards (i.e. electrical shocks, electrical arcs, and electrical blasts). Our Electrical Safety Audit is a loss prevention program – property/production loss (e.g. electrical fire hazards) and loss of life/injuries to personnel.
Typical Scope of Study
– Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity rules
– Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical safety solutions
– Review of plant lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
– Review of static electricity hazards in plant operations (if applicable)
– Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including maintenance aspects (if applicable)
– Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc).
– Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify root causes
– Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc).
– Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous electrical risk identification, etc.
– Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
– Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance tests
– To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compare against cable current carrying capacity calculation
– Hotspot detection using infra-red hot spot detection equipment/ thermal imaging (as necessary).
The Engineers at Swejan have over 25 years of experience in carrying out Electrical Safety Audit and so you know that it will be done efficiently and thoroughly every time. After carrying out the Electrical Safety Audit, a report including Observations, Hazards Identified and Remedial Action to be taken to eliminate the hazard is submitted to and discussed with the management of the facility.